Quick and Easy Mediterranean Pizza
- Shrimp Preparation
- olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- tiger shrimp - 12 cleaned, de-vained, shell removed
- coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- salt and pepper - to taste
- Remainder of Pizza Toppings
- chilli flakes - 1/2 teaspoon
- garlic - 6 cloves (with skin)
- parsley - 1/3 cup
- sundried tomatoes - 1/4 cup
- onion - 1/2 thinly sliced
- red bell pepper - 1/2 thinly slivered
I enjoy eating thin crust Pizza and on days when I want to eat something really fast, I'll seal open a thin crust Dr. Oetker Pizza (any kind you prefer will do, but in this instance I believe I used the spinach one).
In a bowl marinate the shrimp with 1/2 a tablespoon of olive oil, the coriander powder and salt and pepper. Set a pan on medium heat and add 1/2 a teaspoon of olive oil. Throw in your marinated shrimp and after about 4 minutes of tossing it should be golden.
At this point remove shrimp and roast garlic in the pan by throwing in your 6 cloves of garlic (with skin on) and let sit on pan for about 5 minutes, switch sides every minute. When ready the skin will crack open and you are ready to use the garlic as topping. Chop the garlic into smaller pieces (each clove into 4 pieces).
Set oven to 400 degrees.
Place frozen pizza on a baking tray and evenly sprinkle toppings on the entire pizza (except for the parsley - which is to garnish the pizza at the very end right before serving). Bake for 15 minutes.
Sprinkle the parsley, slice and serve.