- tilapia filets - 2 pieces
- garlic - 3 cloves finely minced
- dill - 1/3 cup finely chopped
- onion - 1/2 finely diced
- chilli flakes - 1/4 teaspoons
- salt and pepper - to taste
- olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- kaffir lemon leaves - 6 leaves
- chilli powder - 1/3 teaspoon
- tomato - 6 equal width thin slices
Wash the tilapia filets with a bit of turmeric powder and pat dry. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the top and bottom of the filets. In a bowl create your fish marinade by mixing the garlic, dill, onions, chilli flakes and olive oil.
Place tilapia filets on a non-stick bake tray or aluminum foil. Spread most of the marinade over the fish (bottom and top), then place 3 slices of the tomatoes on each filet and spread remainder of the marinade over the tomatoes.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes (check that the inside is white and flaky with a fork). Serve with rice and some quickly sauteed greens; bok choy or spinach would be nice.